Psychotherapy & Counselling
Oftentimes we come to a point in our lives when things just aren't working as well they once did or indeed could. You may find this happening at work, studies, with your partner, family and children or simply in your own self-development.
Psychotherapy and counselling can be helpful in facilitating change by bringing awareness of the 'stuck-ness' or repeating patterns we find ourselves in and support more fulfilling life decisions to bring about transformative revisions to the way we think, feel and behave about ourselves and where we are in our lives.
Benefits Of Psychotherapy & Counselling
Talking to a therapist or counsellor can help by:
- Reducing symptoms of stress, anxiety or depression
- Enhancing understanding of ourselves, our behaviours and motivations
- Improving relationships with partners, children, family members, co-workers, friends
- Improving balance in our emotional, psychological, relational and work lives
- Improving confidence, self-belief and understanding of unhelpful patterns
- Placing life changes into a perspective that allows us to better manage ourselves
Psychotherapy and counselling can be short term and focused on a particular issue for a specified time or longer term to facilitate a deeper understanding of long standing patterns and ways of relating to others, the world and ourselves.
Areas Helped by Psychotherapy & Counselling
I have over eighteen years' experience of short term CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) orientated counselling and long term psychotherapy in the NHS, Rape Crisis in South London and domestic violence charities. I run my private psychotherapy and counselling practices seeing individuals and couples equidistant from Oxford Circus and Tottenham Court Road and in East Croydon, Surrey for issues including:
- Confidence or difficulties motivating oneself
- Working towards self-improvement, development and/or fulfilment
- Relationship issues including separation and divorce, affairs, step-families, finding a partner, cross-cultural relationships
- Stress and/or bullying experienced in the workplace
- Depression, loneliness, suicidal feelings or loss of meaning
- Sexual issues, sexuality
- Domestic abuse
- Stress & panic attacks
- Struggles with identity, culture or difficulties settling following migration
- Bereavement & loss
- Childhood abuse
- Sexual trauma
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and complex PTSD
- Living with chronic pain and illnesses
- Fertility struggles
Making An Appointment
The first counselling session is an opportunity to discuss presenting concerns and explore what our focus and goals may be going forward.
Please call 07966 403059 or EMAIL me to make a first appointment in Oxford Circus/Tottenham Court Road or East Croydon.
The path is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.”
Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha